Number System Questions online test in Hindi and English for SSC, Bank and all competitive exams. We have included the Number system MCQs from all the topics.
Table of Contents
What is Number System ?
The decimal number system, also known as the base-10 system, is the most widely used number system in everyday life. It uses the digits 0 through 9 to represent numbers. This number system uses the concept of place value, where the value of a digit depends on its position in a number. The decimal system is used in everyday life for counting, measuring, and performing arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Topic wise Number System Questions
Number System Type 1 : Smallest and Largest fraction questions
- In the decimal number system, the smallest fraction is 0 and the largest fraction is 1.
- A fraction is a way of representing a number that is not a whole number, it’s a quotient of two integers. It is written as a/b, where a is the numerator and b is the denominator.
- 0 is the smallest fraction because it represents the absence of any value or quantity. No matter what the denominator is, 0/b will always be 0.
- 1 is the largest fraction because it represents the whole quantity or the unity, it’s the fraction where the numerator and denominator are equal, so it represents the whole. No matter what the numerator is, a/a will always be 1.
Number System Type 2 : Division Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction
Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are the four basic arithmetic operations that form the foundation of mathematics. These operations are used in everyday life as well as in advanced mathematical concepts.
- Addition is the process of combining two or more numbers to find their sum.
- Subtraction is the process of finding the difference between two numbers.
- Multiplication is the process of repeated addition, where one number is added to itself a certain number of times.
- Division is the process of finding the number of times one number is contained within another number.
Number System Type 3 : Fraction of numbers Questions
A fraction is a way of expressing a number that is not a whole number. It is written as a/b, where a is the numerator and b is the denominator. The numerator represents the number of parts of the whole that are being considered, and the denominator represents the total number of parts the whole is divided into. Fractions are used to express quantities that are not whole numbers, such as 3/4 of a pizza or 5/8 of a gallon.
Number System Type 4: Ascending and Descending Ordering of Numbers Questions
Ascending and Descending ordering of numbers is a way of arranging numbers in a specific sequence, it’s an important concept in mathematics, it is used in many real-world applications and it helps to identify patterns and trends.
Number System Type 5: Unit Digit Questions
The unit digit is the last digit of a number and it can give us information about the value of a number, it can be used to find out patterns in a set of numbers, it can also be used to find out the last digit of the result of an arithmetic operation, making it an important concept in mathematics, problem-solving, and data analysis.
Number System Type 6 : Sum of Consecutive Numbers Questions
The sum of consecutive numbers is the total of a sequence of numbers in order, one after the other. For example, the sum of the first 5 consecutive numbers is 1+2+3+4+5 = 15. The sum of consecutive numbers can be calculated by adding all the numbers together, but there are also other ways to find the sum, such as using the formula.
Number System Type 7 : Miscellaneous Questions
In conclusion, number systems are an essential part of mathematics, and understanding them is important for success in any field that involves math. The decimal system, which is based on 10, is the most widely used number system in everyday life. The basic arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are used in many real-world applications, such as in finance, engineering, and science. Additionally, concepts such as fractions, ascending and descending ordering, unit digits, and the sum of consecutive numbers are also important for understanding and working with numbers. Understanding the properties and concepts related to number systems is essential for understanding how numbers are represented and for performing mathematical operations in different number systems.